Maintaining a work-life balance is a challenging task especially for the women, who have to juggle between family chores and office work. A lot of companies have framed policies to make life simple and help you maintain a healthy work-life balance. If you are one of those who hate spending lot of time travelling to office, you can definitely explore the option of working from home. A majority of the crowd is now venturing into the work-from-home kind of jobs to maintain a healthy work-life balance. For most of the work from home jobs, all that you would require is a computer or a laptop with an active internet connection and the right attitude to deliver outside the office environment.
Let’s take a look at some of the work from home jobs, which not only pay lucrative but are also very interesting and manageable.
- Virtual Assistant: This job profile includes the responsibilities of managing calendars, replying to official emails, telephonic calls and maintaining the social media. Most of the companies employ self-employed virtual assistants to reduce the employment cost. Though this job does not require your presence at office, you will have to be vigilant and monitor your emails and phone calls timely and respond proactively.
- Transcriptionist: This is a very interesting job profile, where one is required to listen to audio files and type all that is heard. This is more suitable for those who are looking for flexible job options with minimum or no prior experience. Companies also hire transcriptionists with no prior experience. All that is required will be a computer and a keyboard with headphones preferably. Transcription jobs include transcribing a doctor’s medical dictation, or a college lecture.
- Freelancer: As a freelancer you have the flexibility to work from anywhere at your choice of time. There are a lot of freelancing jobs like web design, data entry, content writing, and web development. A lot of careers in typing come under the freelancer job profile. With a computer, an active internet connection, and good typing skills, you can get employed in most of the careers in typing.
- Website Testers: Many companies hire online testers to ensure that their websites are user friendly, easy to navigate and perform as expected. You will be provided with instructions to be followed while testing the website. It normally takes around 15 – 20 minutes to test a scenario. You can register yourself as an online website tester. Once registered, you will get notifications whenever a company requires testers. You will have to reply to the email and post confirmation can start the work on a website.
- Corporate English Trainer: If you have a good command over the English vocabulary, and love chatting online with people, then this job opportunity might be of interest to you. A lot of students and corporates look for online English trainers to practice and learn. You will have regular sessions either on Skype or a telephone to help people learn English. You will have to invest a minimum of 20 hours a week.
We have compiled some of the work from home jobs for our readers, though there are a lot many available in the market. One needs to have the dedication and the zeal to work to take up a job and work from home.